Friday, November 21, 2008

Yeah, the snow isn't going to work for me, thanks.

I have stuff to do people! And more importantly, I cannot wear my fabric Birkenstock clogs in the snow. So, you tell me what I'm supposed to wear. It's not like I'm big on the winter options. I ruined my favorite Vans in the garden. I got a blister the last time I wore my other Vans. (How is it possible to own two pairs of the same shoe in different colors and one pair is as comfy as can be and the other pair sucks?) I guess fake Frye boots it is.

And today is hair-washing day. But I can't blow-dry my hair. So now , what? I have to go out without a hat and with wet hair. Fantastic. Thanks.

Luckily yesterday was warmish (43) and I was finally shamed into taking down the rest of my garden. My neighbor took hers down, so I was the lone blight on the neighborhood. The cool part, however, was that my 40 pound slab of kid single handedly pulled out EVERY single iron stake I had hammered into the ground to wrap the fence around. Those suckers are heavy and I had really shoved them into the ground as we live in a wind tunnel. I'm thinking he might have superpowers. I couldn't have pulled them out; I was planning on using a shovel. But I turned around and Mr. Muscle was fiercely concentrated and wrestled those suckers like they were nothing. I'm glad our garden is tucked away because if the Mennonites catch a glimpse of all the work he can do, they'll definitely slap a pair of overalls on him and call him Zeke.

No comments: