Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy

I have no particular reason to be so happy today, I just am. In fact, if I think about it for too long I probably should not be happy at all. So, I'll just stay on my own mind's surface and be happy.

I had an absolutely horrid dream about being in France. Maybe it's because I was so psyched that the dollar is finally worth more than the euro. Or maybe it's because I just didn't enjoy France the way I thought I should. Others I know and respect swear up and down that Paris is their favorite place in the world, but I didn't get all the hoopla. It was just a prettier New York, in my never to be humble opinion, as my Mom would say. But I'm a cynic, I suppose, because I didn't think Venice was anything great either. I saw too many rats swimming and more starving stray dogs than I could believe. But throw me anywhere else in Italy and I'm a happy girl. Anyway, so that's my Europe summary for the day. How did I even get on that topic? Oh yeah, my France dream.

I woke-up and immediately was ordered to make a turkey dog and cut-up pineapple and grapes. All before having my coffee. The horror!

Reasons to be happy:
1. We have a busy and productive day ahead of us
2. My hair is not black
3. We will have a fun family day on Saturday
4. Birthday party to attend on Sunday
5. Snoring warm dog pressed against my side
6. Going to visit my sister soon
7. Friday Friend Day is just a day away.
8. School pictures came back and they're very cute, even with the bumps, cuts and bruises
9. Laughing with M
10. Thanksgiving is soon, which is rapidly becoming my favorite holiday as far as family gatherings
11. I know everyone complains, but it makes me happy to see all the sparkly, twinkly, shiny, shimmering Christmas decorations even the somehow beautiful gaudy white feather trees
12. Documentaries on the Netflix queue
13. The Gap Christmas ads in magazines (I know, I'm shamelessl)

No comments: