Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Woo-Hoo!

That's all I'm saying. 

Okay, no it's not. I am beyond thrilled. I feel like our country has been given a second chance. I am so glad that not only did he win, but he really won--America as a whole wanted this change. And that makes me feel good, too. It makes me feel like we're all in this together. I was able to stay in the moment and be grateful that I live in a country where I have the right to vote, where no one is trying to prevent me from voting, where my vote counts, where I am able to get to the polling place and not feel threatened. It was sheer luck of the draw that I was born in America. I am thankful.

Most of my lofty ideas of yesterday did not come to fruition as someone was sick. So I had a fairly quiet day: waited in line for 45 minutes to vote and marveled at all the people I knew that had nothing to do with having gone to high school with them. I guess I'm becoming a part of the community in which I live. Which I have to admit is nice. Grocery shopping on my own took about 1/2 the time, no surprise there. And I got one wheelbarrow full of work done, as well as the laundry and made French toast for dinner for the sicky and stir-fry with these great spicy faux chicken strips I found for the grown-ups. Watched the polls and finished a book. Painted my nails! How fancy and decadent  and impractical is that? 

No comments: