Wednesday, November 12, 2008

i know you've all been waiting with bated breath for an update

The black hair is no more. I will not be besieged by hordes of fans thinking I'm Winona Ryder in Bettlejuice. I was finally called back and offered the option of returning to the salon last night or today. Of course I said today because who wouldn't want to wait to get a hideous mix of flat black and random violet streaks out of their hair? My own son said I looked, "Spooky."

So, I went last night and they stripped the color from my hair. That's the good news. The other news isn't bad, just tedious. Because my color was stripped, I now have a very dark red/Irish setter kind of look. I have to wait until Saturday to have the brown put back in because of the cuticle needing to be flat or something like that.

I have to say, I'm really disheartened by the way this entire situation has been handled. The staff has been extremely rude to me and it pisses me off. I've been a very long term customer. I receive alot of services and pay alot of money. I tip extremely well. I'm always polite and friendly. I've given them even more business because I refer lot of clients to them whenever Mort or I get compliments on our hair. And quite frankly, they've been such shitheads about this to the point that once my hair has been "corrected", I'm not certain I can continue going there. I did my own color for most of my life until I went blonde and then I knew better (let's just say I tried it myself once and ended up with a gorgeous shade of blonde hair lying in the sink, having fallen out of my head). But brown? I can do brown. I can save a car payment a month if I color my own hair.

At the very least, I'm switching salons. I've worked an awful lot of retail and if there's one thing I cannot stand, it's poor customer service. You have to do alot of sucking it up and smiling when you don't want to. It's part of the job. Anyone know of an outstanding salon that has a great staff?

No comments: