Saturday, November 1, 2008

I might try a church tomorrow

I won't tell you which one in case I'm too lazy to actually go, so that no one is disappointed in my heathen ways. Mort is the smartest kid in the world. I told him I would like for us to go to church and he immediately pitched a fit. "WHY? I don't want to go. It's boring." And this is from a kid who has been to church one and a half times.

And that's an excellent point. It is boring. I don't want to go either. But it's my obligation to make him be bored at church so that he doesn't grow-up and become some freaky culty wack-o church person in order to rebel against me.

I dreaded Sundays as a child because we had to waste all that valuable time being at church, We used to try to take really long bike rides so that my mom couldn't find us and we would miss it. One time I even used my kissing Barbie (complete with lipstick) to put red marks all over my sister's face and hands and then we told my mom we couldn't go to church because she had the measles.

I wonder if I'll go through with it tomorrow. I hope so. I hope I don't come down with a sudden case of measles.

3 comments:

papersatchel said...

i had totally forgotten about that.

what else can you tell me about my childhood?

Penny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Penny said...

You'd be surprised. I'm saving most of them for my toast at your wedding.