Wednesday, November 19, 2008

it turns out I AM intolerant.

I think of myself as this super-liberal, inclusive kind of person. But y'know, I'm intolerant of people who are intolerant. How's that for a round robin? Like half the world, I'm on facebook. And a "friend" I had on there kept posting stuff and joining groups devoted to taking away the rights of anyone who wasn't just like them. And so I decided to just hit the delete button and not have to read about others' intolerance. But seriously, you tell me how The Smiths can be your favorite group and yet you hate gays. Hello?!?

Anyway, I also have seen pictures lately that remind me that I don't have a waist. I am built completely straight up and down. Like a ruler. Or a 12 year-old boy. Yes, I am grateful l that i was blessed with being healthy, so I don't look that gift horse in the mouth. However, I do admire women who have waists and hips. I think they look great.

I'm going to visit my sister this weekend and I'm excited to have a girls' weekend away.

In other terribly exciting news, I was eyeing this dress on gap.com that cost $69. Obscene. It kills me to pay full price for anything that is for me. Kid? Not an issue. Husband? Happy to. But me? I can never feel good about it. I just can't justify spending money on myself. But I have a slew of holiday/other get-togethers and to quote a Smiths song, "and I haven't got a stitch to wear." I truly don't. Hit me up for the summer and I've got dresses for every occasion. Winter? I live in jeans and layers. But Ross, oh sweet wonderful , don't forget to check for any holes Ross had not one, not two, but three dresses, one of which was identical to the gap dress i was contemplating and I bought all three for less than the price of the gap dress. Long live Ross and TJ Maxx and Marshalls!

Once upon a time there was Hollywood's most amazing golden couple named Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston. Yeah, I'm only human. I was not immune to their appeal. I'd go so far as to say that I was enamored of them. And then Brad cheated on his wife and Angelina Jolie slept with a married man. And they can do as much good in the world as they want, I think they're ass.

So, when I see that Angelina Jolie could only breastfeed her twins for 3 months because it was "too hard", I think, "what a jackhole." Yes, breastfeeding is hard at first. But didn't she do it prior with her other biological child? I have friends who had twins that were so in trouble, one was placed on a crazy super-formula, and my friend STILL punped and breast-fed for a year, to try and give them the best start possible. And she didn't have 6 nannies, a personal chef and a full-staff. So, suck it Angelina. It's not like you have anything better to do than sit on your husband stealing ass and feed your children. Yep. Judgmental and intolerant. It's my new handle.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Another Jackhole here. I will fully admiit, I couldn't hack it. Nursing early, lazy babies wasn't working so I switched to pumping and eventually quit due to sheer exhaustion. My hats off to any mother who exclusively breastfed twins!