Saturday, November 1, 2008

I think I should be a movie reviewer

Sure, I dropped out of the one movie class I had in college due to sheer boredom, and I wasn't a communications major, nor do I know much about the cinematic world. However, I do know that when a movie is adapted directly from a book and sticks to the book except makes the characters more sympathetic and less grating and has the ending of justice one is fruitlessly praying for while reading the book, you cannot say that is a bad movie. You can say the book sucks. But you can't blame it on the movie. 

Case in point, I rented the Nanny Diaries from the library out of sheer curiosity as to why it was so horridly received in comparison to the bestselling (and no that doesn't make it fantastically  written) novel.  And it was better than the book, imo. So, there's that.

No comments: