Saturday, November 8, 2008

Outside from 11-5




Yesterday's weather was such a treat. Almost makes one glad for global warming. It's not like we NEED polar bears. I saw a black squirrel(i didn't even know there were such things. I'll have to ask Shelly.), a walking stick AND a praying mantis. A real score. And when we got home, we went next door and hung outside until the sun went down.

 Unfortunately, we are both paying the price today with allergies galore.  I have a sinus headache like I was a 21 year old partying on her birthday with a shot of tequila for every year of living instead of  a momma  who was drinking water and eating  apple slices and home-made cake.

Can I just stress once again how very much I love my friends? (What's with the unintentional rhyming today?) If ever there were a better bunch of women, I have never had the pleasure of making their acquaintance.  Their company is like rechargable batteries for my soul.  What a gift to have people with whom you can sit around a kitchen table and completely be yourself in all your ugliest and most beautiful moods and laugh and complain and talk of the mundane (oh my good Lord, there I go with the rhyming again) and be completely understood and embraced. 

No comments: