Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ten minutes to write

Okay, for anyone whose long time hairdresser turns their blonde hair not a lovely shade of brown, but jet black and then strips it to Irish Setter red and then tones it back to jet black, Color OOps is the product for you. I have never been one to shy away from trying any old thing on my hair (which is how I ended up with a lovely hunk of blonde from my temple fall into the sink as I rinsed it), so I felt I had nothing to lose by giving Color Oops a try. and dang if it didn't strip out all the black and leave my hair in good condition! Pretty amazing. My hair is red again, so I'm going to dye it (hey, why not?) but wow, to have it come back from black is amazing. Back in the olden days of my teenage years, once you went black, there was no coming back until you had cut your hair and cut your hair and cut your hair some more. Hideous. These new-fangled products are the bomb. Dig my outdated slang. Yeah, I'm hip, I'm cool, that's how I roll...


Okay, here's something I'm more than willing to do, but what a jip. My copy editor has been pleased with my work thus far (yay! yay! yay!) and offered me the opportunity to tackle an article so bad, it needs to be completely rewritten. The good news is, I get to write the article. The bad news is, as she put it, the original author gets to claim my work and keep the byline. Ah well. It's like ghostwriting, I suppose. And I'm psyched to do it. And psyched that she chose me. And is that author ever makes it big, I can go on Oprah and cause a controversy.

No comments: