Monday, November 17, 2008

I am Superwoman! I am Oprah!

Other moms probably tackle this stuff on a daily basis, but I do not, so I feel on top of life like never before. I am dressed and ready for the day. Laundry is sorted and awaiting the shoving into the washing machine. Kid is dressed, fed and ready for school and show and tell. My work is set-up on the dining room table, ready to be red-penned.

If I manage to throw something together for dinner, balance the checkbook, patch my husband's shirt, remember to pick-up more Kleenex, empty the dishwasher, work on letters and numbers with my little guy and strip my haircolor, this will be the most productive day I've had since giving birth. Well, not really. But there's something about that work-that-has-nothing-to-do-with-being-a-mommy part that makes everything else seem like I'm leaping tall buildings with a single bound. No wonder people get so tied to their jobs. I feel like I'm really doing something in a way that the other stuff I do just doesn't. I feel useful!

No comments: