Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wednesday

So. Tomorrow I have my first appointment with my hair dresser since she "over saturated" the color and turned it black. Why would I pay good money to return to the scene of the crime?

 Because I just don't know what else to do. So many things have been done to my hair that I feel incapable of coloring it myself at this point because every time I try it goes black. And then I have to strip it again. And my roots are bad. When my hair was blond, I guess I didn't realize just how white I am because it blended. Now that my hair is auburn...it's a sobering  aging experience. So, we shall see what can be done.

And speaking of hair, we have reached the point once again where the little man is between getting a haircut or letting it grow. He wants it long. But it's thick and wavy and takes forever to dry,especially as it's winter, so I can't allow it to air dry for fear of him getting a cold. (I never bought into that, but since that British study was released...although they think Victoria Beckham is a beautiful style-maven, so what do they know?) But he does have great hair and it's so cute when it's long.

Between the sick kid, the noisy dog and the freaking owl...oh and the beer with the organic turkey chili, I did not sleep well last night. Can you tell? I don't know what that owl's problem is. I can see the woodland creatures  in our yard just fine. So why doesn't it grab a happy meal special of rabbit burger and shut the hell up?

What else?

Made the switch to cloth napkins finally. And environmentally safe, non carcinogen toothpaste and mouthwash. I'm still trying to track down bodywash that fits into the same category and doesn't cost $32 for 2 ounces. It feels like such a burden to have to worry about all this stuff, but if I failed to make the switch I would feel even worse. And some of the things I already used that I thought were great apparently aren't, but I'm not even certain why that is the case. Trying to be environmentally responsible and protect your family from ingredients other nations have banned for years is overwhelming. Especially when I live somewhere that doesn't have easy access to other options and all that safety costs twenty-three times what the other brands cost.

I just remembered that I got black beans and salsa for lunch today. Yum. (see how easily mollified I am?)


1 comment:

Kerouaced said...

What tooth paste and mouth wash did you get? Everything I look at has a bunch of chemicals in it...