Monday, December 29, 2008

Not computer literate. Oh, and some other stuff.




I am paranoid, so I am constantly inventing more and more elaborate passwords for each and every account. And then I forget them and can't login to anything. 

I have been attempting to attach a counter to my blog, but I just can't figure it out. I have been  constantly going to every blog I read that has a counter and going to the sites that support their counters and trying to figure it out, but the instructions are a big 'ol overwhelming jumble to me and I just cannot do it. So, I guess I give up. Obviously other people know how to make their computers work. I have a hard time importing songs off of CDs. I should just be grateful that I can even turn on a computer. And that no one is pressuring me to buy an i-phone. Because they scare me. Seriously. There's one in our house and it can turn off the computer all by itself. That is just not right. I feel like HAL is going to lock us in and kill us all with the various electronic equipment we own. Death by electric mixer. No thank-you. That's why I use a whisk. I unplug everything that's not in use to save energy, but maybe it will also help if there ever is a battle against the i-phone and its desire for dominance. I sure hope the dog is on our side. I'd like to think she is, but you never really know with dogs, do you? They act like they love you and that they are loyal to the pack, but it could just be because  they don't have opposable thumbs and therefore can't open the pantry and dole out their own food. Maybe they are just waiting for the chance to break out and be the alpha of their own pack and create a world in which they don't have to pee outside in the freezing rain (even though their humans may already be so well-trained that they follow them holding an umbrella over their dog heads).

There was a hawk sitting on our deck yesterday. Our dog better not try and betray us when there's a hawk around.

You know what is gross? Soggy cereal. 

I need to go dig out our snow pants.

No comments: