Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Geez

To any and all who received our Christmas card, yes that's us. Yes, it's meant to be funny. Yes, it was created with the magic of computers. (Stella with glasses and a wig? C'mon guys...)Huh. I guess we should have done two cards, because people are either calling us to say it's hysterical or to ask us what it's about because they don't get it. "Is that you? How did you get glasses on Stella?"

I don't know why I didn't discover yogi tea sooner. It really is incredibly soothing and relaxing.

Okay, I'm having baby envy. Everywhere I go, there are these perfect little beings, snoozing in their slings and carriers and baby bjiorns. And someone who is even a couple of months older than I and has a child the same age as Mort just had twins. I'm too old to have this baby lust but when I see these Moms, harried and snappy and definitely non-blissful, surrounded by their gaggle of kids, I can't help but envy them. But kids that are 6 years apart, at best? At my age? When we're in the zone of a wonderful little guy who can pee on his own, brush and floss his own teeth AND keep himself entertained? And will even be in school full-time next year? And do I really want to return to the sleepless nights, the year of turning my body into a sacred baby making temple, the additional year of sacred baby body temple for feeding purposes, going through labor, or a c-section, then trying to regain my body at age 39? And this all with the assumption that my baby would be healthy and my eggs still viable. Ugh. I do wish we would have just done it when Jay was one and a half as we had originally planned. But Duke was finishing up his MBA and then my disc popped out and I was in physical therapy and suddenly it was three years later. I feel like I was meant to have more children. I just don't know if it will happen. I don't know if I want it to happen.






No comments: