Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Okay, I'm not dying! Woo-hoo!

Despite the doctor telling me my blood test results would take a week, I was called last night and I do have a random unknown-how-I-got-it infection, but it can be treated with antibiotics. YAY!

I was so convinced it was Lyme Disease or even worse, MS or one of the other frightening conditions that my symptoms kept pulling up on the Internet. So scary. Thank you for the pass, God.

And my husband was amazing through my entire ordeal. He really reminded me that he is truly in this for better or worse. In the morning, my hands ached so much I couldn't open my allergy medicine, so he would do it; he worked full-time( which for him is often a solid 12 hour day) and did all of Mort's child care, he put the clothes from the washing machine into the dryer without even being asked because he knew I couldn't lift the wet clothes, he folded and put away laundry and made-up the bed, he's done every dish in the house...basically he's done his job and mine as well. When Mort was too loud, he reminded him my head hurt, he made certain I was drinking fluids and taking my aleve. He even went to the pharmacy at 8 pm last night after doing all the dinner dishes so that I could start my treatment right away. I am so fortunate in so many ways.

I have so much to write about the non-joyful feelings i now have about the Christmas gifts I'm getting for a down on their luck family, but I have to get ready to take the kid to this morning's entertainment.

No comments: