Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Angry and lazy

I'm angry because the family whose children I'm playing Santa for smoke. And if you can afford cigarettes nowadays, you can damn well afford to buy your kids Christmas presents. Priorities you selfish gits! You aren't going to go without your cigarettes, but you were going to let your kids go without gifts? Quite frankly, I would rather be serving a family who had fallen on hard times and whose children were their top priority. However, I just have to look at it that kids are kids and I'm not doing this for their parents. And at least parents whose children are their first priority have love, whereas children whose needs come second to their parent's addiction do not. But it definitely takes some the sparkle out of gift buying.

I'm lazy because I can't make our house a Winter Wonderland this year. I just can't. I have decorated, but I'm bored with my controlled "perfect" decor and I don't want to do it. I want to mix it up, but I'm not willing to invest in new decorations when that money could be better used. So, we'll see how it all works out.

No comments: