Monday, December 8, 2008

Typical, typical

I have a slew of paperwork involving my name change and getting a passport for Mort and just stuff that I don't feel like doing, so I've been shoving it all in a cabinet.

Today, I thought, today I will tackle these things and be done with them. I will remove that little pocket of anxiety that's lurking around reminding me that I have things I need to do that I'm not doing. Like practicing my Italian. That's weighing on me as well. But I just keep finding other things I need to do.

I decided to go get my new driver's licence while Mort was at school. I drove to the DMV, all my documents in hand, and of course it was closed, because I hadn't bothered to check when it was open. I assumed it was open whenever I was ready to go.

And now, because I didn't get that accomplished, I am paralyzed and can't do any of the other tasks until that one is done. I know, it doesn't make sense to me either.


No comments: