Sunday, December 14, 2008

Lazy but grateful


I don't know that we have ever had a busier December. Every weekend  and half the weekdays have been packed with parties and dinners and gatherings and get-togethers.
But even though we're all beat and not getting quite enough sleep, I'm grateful to have so many  wonderful people in our lives with whom we enjoying spending time.

I need to get a bit of a move-on and accomplish a few errands this morning, but it's too lovely lying here in the sunshine like a cat on a windowsill. I may allow myself to drowse a bit instead.

Children can be so joyous---we were playing a game last night with a group of kids, many of whom didn't know one another and every time one of the children was "out", not one of them became sulky or angry. Instead, they all cheered on the remaining players and clapped and laughed and danced. 

And my own little mush has been so sweet of late that he makes my heart ache with his beauty. He has gone from being stingy with the kisses to randomly and solemnly kissing me  first on each cheek, then the tip of my nose, my forehead and  finally chin. And he always smells like fruit and syrup. 

I am awash with emotions, all of them happy. It's good to be mired in living.

No comments: