Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oh. My. Gawd.

The Christmas card saga continues.  Out of the 65 or so cards we sent, we have heard from 20 or so people telling us it was hysterical and that they loved it.

 We have heard from two people, neither of whom understood it or what our possible motivation  could be in having the audacity to send a silly picture of our family as opposed to one of us wearing our matching fucking sweaters and sitting in front of the Christmas tree that is placed just to the right of the fireplace, complete with hung stockings and roaring fire.

And of course, the two people who were negative are making me feel like crap while the 20 plus people who liked it are unable to counterbalance the meanies. Who says shitty things about people's Christmas cards? I don't call people asking why they chose the card they chose.When did people start judging one another's FUCKING CHRISTMAS CARDS?!?

 I love Christmas cards in any incarnation. I love seeing pictures of our friends' children whether they are professional pictures, traditional pictures, school pictures or silly snapshots. I like family pictures, dog pictures, it doesn't matter. I love the personal touch and it means a lot to me that people take the time to send a card. I just enjoy them all. One year we received a Christmas card that had two of Jay's cousins dressed-up as Jedis and brandishing light sabers. That was one of our all time favorite cards because the kids were obviously having such a great time in that picture. I didn't call their parents and ask why they weren't wearing santa hats.

In the words of Charlie Brown, "ArrrrrrggggguuuuHHhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!"

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Ok, I'm dying to see this card now. Can you pleeeeeeease post?

Penny said...

I can't! The scanner function on my computer/printer isn't working-sorry!