Sunday, October 19, 2008

Things I'm loving


  • Reconnecting with long lost friends on Facebook. I'm so happy to have communicated with people I haven't heard from in 20 years but had always hoped were doing well.
  • Proper fall weather.
  • Waking up and not having to go anywhere.
  • Walking downstairs and getting to have my family, coffee and the newspaper all at one shot.
  • Switching from sandals to clogs
  • Scarves and jean jackets---thank-you S, for your cast-off white one!
  • Feetie pajamas
  • Days spent outdoors with my best friends. Days spent anywhere with my best friends.
  • Hot soup (okay,warm soup;I do like everything to be room temperature)
  • Stella snoring after a long walk
  • Mort singing
  • Having back-up camera batteries when mine need to be recharged
  • Sunlight streaming through my dirty windows
  • the fun new songs to which I'm listening
  • All my friends' children. They are all such real little people!
  • Obnoxiously oversized rings
  • My plants that keep growing despite lack of care
  • The deer in the field
  • Floppy hats
  • Riding a bike with flat tires
  • Leaves slowly drifting to the ground like they're being carefully dropped at perfect intervals for a scene in a movie
  • Paint splattered ladders
  • The Halloween decorations that I put up under duress
  • my vegetables that insist on growing despite the cold
  • ponchos
  • that I found my sunglasses!

2 comments:

papersatchel said...

DSC_2353.JPG

papersatchel said...

sorry. that blurb of letters and numbers was supposed to turn into a photograph...it was of a paint-splattered ladder that i saw in greece. i guess i am not so savvy on this machine.