Monday, October 13, 2008

I mean well


My daily to-do list is generally an overly ambitious one. I really do have every intention of completing my tasks. In fact, I feel certain that I will complete them. And then I manage to maybe cross off one thing and feel like I didn't do a damn thing all day,even though I'm running around constantly. So, I'm going to start stacking my list in my favor. Today, for instance, I can already draw a thick black line through "take vitamins." As for the rest: pick-up meds at vet, get passport updated, get passport for Mort, do laundry, return library books, go grocery shopping,balance checkbook...Well, let's add-on "meet pals at playground and have dinner with girlfriends." Those are two more I can be certain to tackle. Hey, I should add on "drink coffee and brush teeth." Wow, I feel more on top of things already.

Seriously, the amount of pills I'm now ingesting is becoming insane. In addition to my various vitamins and Neti pot and Zyrtec and current cold medicine( one for day and one for night) and Aleve and Omega-3 , Duke has convinced me to start taking echinacea. Because of my allergies to everything save for dogs and cockroaches, and my faulty sinuses, and germy kid, I have an almost constant cold/sinus infection/sinusitus. Duke, however, hasn't had so much a the sniffles since he started taking echinacea last April in preparation for his trip to India. Everyone he knew that had gone to India that had not taken the big e got sick, despite being careful not to drink any water and having their nine million shots. However, anyone who took the e, Duke included, did not get the least bit ill and was able to enjoy all of the fantastic food whole-heartedly. So, I'm willing to try it. I'm tired of being sick all the time.It makes my nose piercing very unpleasant, all this constant blowing.

In a completely unrelated topic, I love documentries. They are better than any scripted movie. Although I saw "Run, Fat Boy, Run" over the weekend and it was good. It was nice. I like nice. What else have I seen lately? Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. Horrid. Boring. Insipid. No plot. No character development. And anyone who has ever had to deal with an asshole friend that drunk will not find the "funny drunk girl" very amusing. If we were able to get tot he movies more often, we definitely would have walked out. Which reminds me, I want to check out the soundtrack for Run Fat Boy Run. Twas a good one. Alrighty, I suppose it's time to start tackling the list. I've almost completed the coffee task.

I have a dog and a kid lying on my back.

No comments: