Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Scrambling to keep up with my own life

Rumor on the gardening circuit had it that pumpkins are beyond easy to grow. So I tried to grow them. I had an entire mix of white and orange pumpkins I was planning on harvesting for fall and I've got nothing. Now, that may be because my growing method was throwing all of last year's pumpkins into the edge of a field on our property and just letting nature take its course. And, yes, based on everyone I had spoken with, I honestly believed it would work.

But there's so many things I want to do and have been too bogged down to get done. I want to get pumpkins(this year I will plant the seeds properly) and plant mums and decorate for Halloween and have friends over for mulled wine and cider and cheese and crackers. I want to up the intensity level of my Italian language study. I want to build the wooden car that Mort and I painted over the weekend. I want to go to yard sales and find pieces to finish the guest room. I want to take walks with Mort and Stella and crunch through leaves and admire the foliage. I want to see my sister.

I have taken to making gigantic calendars with the days events written upon them. This is in addition to my calendar I carry in my bag and the one on the fridge. There is just so much going on all the time. Three people's schedule's to juggle and coordinate. Sounds like a hot knife through butter, but it's almost impossible sometimes.

1 comment:

SRH said...

Every time I read your blog entries I get homesick, in a big way. I just know that if I lived close to you, Jessica -my oldest- would adore you. Lainie would enjoy being friends with Jack. Jess would adore Jack & probably be the babysitter you would call on, for the occasional night out with Mike. I would most likely have a garden too (in a big back yard). I'd call on you for advice or to share in produce triumphs. I picture us drinking (espresso for you and a cappuccino for me) Italian beverages, studying and practicing speaking the language. Basically - I fantasize about us being together in the same area code! I miss you.