Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Maybe it's the cold medicine


I'm having one of those days where my mind is everywhere and nowhere. I'm playing the what-ifs game and feeling like I need to cut my hair or get a new tattoo or do something drastic. It probably is the cold medicine. That pseudoephedrine makes me wacky. Unfortunately I have a hair appointment tonight, so who knows what will happen?

NOTE TO SELF: Do not cut your hair. You look terrible when you cut your hair. It is and never will be an option for you. EVER. Get ready to be an old lady with long white dreadlocks. Actually, that would be pretty cool as far as old lady hair goes.

And I will bake bread and have a huge garden and a nose ring and volunteer at animal shelters and places that help to distribute food and teach people to read. By that time, there will be a surefire cure for herniated discs(maybe legos?) and I will do yoga every day and be one of those older women I used to take yoga with who were as flexible as a  four year old and whose poses were flawless and strong. And we will have bought a place in Italy and I will be fluent in Italian at long last and we will spend half the year there and half the year elsewhere when Italy has its rainy season and August heat. I will have grandchildren and I will help them plant gardens of their own and we won't wear shoes so that we can feel the dirt squish beneath our feet.




No comments: