Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mort has stages in which he wishes to do and/or learn whatever it is I'm doing. Sometimes it's gardening, sometimes weeding, sometimes cleaning, cooking (wow, do I sound like a 1950s housewife or what? Yeesh) and his latest pursuit is the art of folding laundry. Think me not ungrateful, for I do have to do laundry every other day. But folding is a holdover of my OCD that I cannot let go. (And YES, I have released many of my OCD comforts. It will be a cold, hard day in hell, however before I give -up folding laundry.) I don't know if it's a holdover from childhood where I could do a chore and simultaneously watch TV or if it's a holdover from working in a chain store where you took a folding seminar and used a board to get that perfect look. Anyway, I can't stand for things to be folded by anyone but me and even whne Duke tries to help out, I have to refold his work. It's a compulsion, what can I say?

So, Mort wants to fold. Duke and I laughed about how his technique will fare against my OCD, but it is working out well! Because he wants not just to fold, he wants to fold like me. He wants it to look like mine. He wants me to show him step-by-step. I so know what chore he gets when he's older.

1 comment:

Kerouaced said...

I have a dump truck load of clothing you can fold. I'll send it over. :)