Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I have a mosquito bite on the palm of my hand. How does that happen without the owner of said hand noticing? It's really really really freaking itchy. Much itchier than the other 13 mosquito bites I collected over the weekend. (Yes, I counted.)

So, that old tale about a sensible diet and daily exercise as the key to losing weight? True. Who knew? At this rate, I very well may be able to fit into my summer clothes by July. 

I found the best headpiece on etsy. I'm hoping that my sister wants me to wear it for her wedding. I'm not sure where else I cold wear something so over the top. They are remodeling our grocery store. Maybe to the grand re-opening? 

I plucked the first non-bitten strawberry from the garden yesterday. And set it aside. And forgot about it and left it in the yard overnight. I'm guessing it's gone. I replanted my wilting herbs; discovered everyone has been having spinach issues; mixed in some mushroom compost; reinforced the entire existing fence with chicken wire and tacked it into the ground; and  got frustrated and pulled weeds with my hands. Heavier  gardener's tan than ever. It was a two shower day.

And then Duke and I split-up for the evening and watched our respective movies. His was a horror movie. Mine was a romantic comedy, He's Just Not That Into You. I thought it was cute. It made me cringe in some spots, but made me happy in others. It would have been an excellent movie to watch with my sister over chips and onion dip and cocktails and we could have clucked over the dummies.

If you aren't quite bathing suit ready, but you find one that you would be willing to wear in public, should you buy it even if you plan on it being the wrong size within a couple of weeks?

You know, I tried to buy a bathing suit at a jumbled store over the weekend. The bathing suits are sold in sets there. However, three suits were mismatched. For example: XS top, S bottom, XS top, M bottom, L top, XL bottom. Anyway, one of the mismatched suits was a good fit on me and I wanted to buy it. And the clerk wouldn't let me. "The sizes don't match. They have to match."

"I understand that, but there are three suits that are mismatched and seven that are correctly matched. The mismatched ones are not taking away from the correctly matched ones. They are just mismatched and that's the one I want."

"We can only sell the top and bottom in the same size, so you have to take a different one."

"But you have three on the rack whose sizes don't match. I want to buy one of those."

And on and on and on. And of course there was a long line of grumbling customers (which makes me feel terrible and anxious)and back-up was called to verify that I wanted to buy a mismatched suit, even though there were matched size suits available with the end result being that they would not sell me the mismatched suit. I was really bummed. And frustrated. Because it just wasn't logical and I couldn't make my point seem valid. Or maybe I didn't have a valid point.  But I honestly think the bored whippersnappers working there just didn't understand/care what I was pointing out. And I have worked enough retail to know where they're coming from. Sometimes you feel like dealing with annoying customers. Some times you don't. But what will they do with those mismatched suits? They didn't have a proper matching size and all the other suits were neatly accounted for. I just wanted to give them money in exchange for goods! I left the store empty-handed. I wanted to tell them I will never shop there again, but a) no skin off their nose and b) that would have been a big fat lie. Because I will shop there again. Maybe even today.

No comments: