Friday, June 26, 2009

I'll preface this by saying I woke-up promptly at 4 am and I have a horrid allergy induced headache because I forgot to take my allergy meds yesterday. However, I was very vocal about this last night, so my opinion stands and is not a result of crankiness.

WHO CARES THAT MICHAEL JACKSON AND FARRAH FAWCET DIED?!?!? Seriously. Did you know them? Were they your close, personal friends? Were you related to them? What's the hubbub? Yeesh. I get feeling a small pang at the news that someone died and saying, "That's a shame." But really, does every headline need to be about this? There's nothing more pressing going on in our country? Does every channel need to be interrupted to bring you this breaking news and have cobbled together shows on these people? 

For the record, yes, I grew-up with a Michael Jackson poster on my wall. (The one with the yellow sweater vest during the Thriller years.) I saw him in concert. I even made my own sequined glove to wear. I still have Wanna Be Starting Something on my i-pod. And I'm just not interested in his death. I DON'T KNOW HIM.

What I am interested in and I feel would be a much greater way to spend one's time is discovering what exactly Danielle tried to have someone do to Dina. That should be on every channel.


1 comment:

Kerouaced said...

Wasn't there a picture of you dressed up like Michael Jackson? I think I remember seeing one...