Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I have never swooned over Mel Gibson. I liked Braveheart. Other than that, he's always been on the annoying side of annoying in my book. And his whole Catholic thing drives me nuts. Because I was baptised and raised in the Catholic Church. And I still know many people who are good Catholics, take comfort in the religion and yet do not agree with its practices. Mel Gibson, however, seems to consider himself so much a Catholic that he built his own Catholic Church and yet he is down with the divorce thing, down with the premarital sex thing and down with the child out of wedlock thing. Huh. And somehow, I think that if he wants to get remarried, he will have no problem having his marriage annulled, even with the seven children born within that marriage. Hypocrite. Had he not made such a big to-do about his religion, this wouldn't matter. Had he ever said he was Catholic but didn't agree with all it's teachings, than he had all his bases covered. Can you tell I've been quarantined within my bedroom for two days with no human interaction and more television than anyone should ever watch?

I haven't had strep throat since I was a youngster. I did not recall that it was so freaking painful. Swallowing was not an option. I dreaded every time it was about to occur. Good way to kick start a diet, I suppose, the whole lack of being unable to eat or drink because of  sheer pain. By the drugs are kicking in (and they have gotten fancy since back in the day of plain 'ol penicillin!) and today I am out of bed. My throat was so swollen you could see the swollen red lumps on the outside. I haven't been able to drink coffee because I can't swallow. But luckily the whole strep throat thing overrode any caffeine withdrawal.The doctor prescribed steroids to take down the swelling. I am still contagious until tomorrow, so I'm wiping down everything I touch and trying to keep a room between me and the rest of the family. Poor M has been working his normal 70 hour work week, plus being the 24/7 hands-on parent as I cannot get near Jay, plus working on a work-related but on his own time package, plus getting ready for upcoming gigs. What a time for me to be sick and contagious. Usually I can push through any illness, because you have to. But this contagious shite. Ugh. If either of them got this, I would feel beyond horrid. I guess I should stock up on echinacea.


No comments: