Thursday, February 18, 2010

Well fantastic. Tiger Woods is going to re-emerge and speak on Friday. Thank goodness. What do you think he'll talk about? Do you think it will be about...golf?

Because I don't really give a hoot about any other thing he has to say. (Don't get me wrong, I couldn't give a hoot about golf either, but at least he's qualified to speak on that subject.)

Aren't we all tired of this yet? We all need to get on the same page here or else we will continue to be inundated with people's personal failings. Guess how much I don't care that he's a crappy husband and lousy father. And guess why I don't care: because I don't know him. I'm not married to him. I'm not friends with him. I'm not related to him.

Oh, but he's a role model. For whom? Who cares? Who is looking at someone who plays a mean game of golf and tries to model their life after theirs? I think that's weird. And the whole will-he-or-won't-he lose his endorsement deals---really? Who really buys a product based on whether or not some guy you don't know is standing beside said product and smiling? Now, to be fair, I am the first one in line to buy any mascara that promises it will make my eyelashes look so lush they must be false. But I'm not going to buy my cell phone based on which one is being touted by Luke Wilson or Catherine Zeta Jones. And event though I am still mournign the demise of the marriage between my dear friends Brad and Jen, I don't drink water or wear jewelry endorsed by either of them. Just because someone collects a paycheck from a company doesn't mean the product is worth anything. People do know that, right?




1 comment:

Kerouaced said...

I agree. What I find annoying is that people condemn him for his infidelities and say he is a role model to kids but then they do the same damn things. Aren't you as a parent supposed to be the role model for your children? People are always looking for a scapegoat...