Monday, February 15, 2010

Seeing as how I'm a female and all, of course I am a feminist. And as such, I had always had the intention that Mort and I would not play the card game, "Old Maid,"(And yes, as improbable as it seems, not only do they still make that card game, but they even still call it that. And yes, I just checked and it is 2010.) but rather Crazy Dog, or whichever other person in the pack I picked out for the hot potato. Today, however, after Mort being sick and inside for a week, I just played straight Old Maid. Because some days you are just too tired to fight every fight and it seemed easier to go with the card of the old woman that was on top of the pile rather than sort through and remove the matching football player card and have the object of scorn be the football player. Anyway. Mort, however, is such a wonderful little creature that when he saw the picture of the card we would be avoiding, he exclaimed, "Well, that's a beautiful old lady!" And then I felt guilty for making that card be the bad one and I said, Yes, she sure is. It's silly that no one would want that card, isn't it?" And then Mort looked at it a little longer and asked, "So she's a maid? Like Amelia Bedelia?"


No comments: