Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Cruel tricks at the DMV

I had to get my driver's license picture taken today. I didn't want a 4 year reminder of how sallow and old and washed-out and ill I look with the dark pit of hair my hairdresser has bestowed upon me. Sooo, I pulled on one of my 237 trusty berets and away went I.

Haha, though, wasn't the joke on me when I sat down and was instructed to remove my hat. What kind of sick mind came up with that rule? If it was a baseball hat or anything with a brim that obscured the view of my face, obviously that's just common sense. But a beret that held back my hair and was positioned on the back of my head...

And c'mon, I'm a female. Would I have a hat on if I deemed my hair acceptable? Can any female with long hair whip off  her hat and have camera ready hair? (And in my world, the answer is no!)

No. No, they cannot. So, not only do I have a tangled mop of black hair that makes me look like I'm just getting over a case of mono, but it's hair that looks like it was either shoved under a hat or hair that belongs to one who is a bit on the side of "Don't give the crazy lady a license!" It's a new low in the horridness that is driver's license photography.


No comments: