Sunday, January 11, 2009

Om

I started my yoga practice again yesterday. I've been fearful of reentering it as so many poses would force me to move in a way in which my disc would be compromised. But I've missed it. I don't know how floaty I want to be, but I have found that I truly am infused with this amazing sense of calm and lightness by the end of a session. It's certainly not something I am able to achieve by running or walking or aerobic sizing. And what's more, my thighs are burning as I walk up and down the stairs today. Warrior pose? Triangle pose? Regardless, I would love to incorporate that feeling into my everyday life.

However, achieveing serenity and a yoga body takes a long time. It's not like pounding out a warm-up, cool-down, and three miles in 30 minutes on the treadmill. It's a good 90 minute session and I just don't know how to carve that chunk of time out for myself without being interrupted to refill someone's milk or find a missing Bakagun. 

For instance, I could be doing so right now. But I feel like I'm only 1 1/2 cups of coffee into a 4 cup day. I don't have the energy to walk upstairs and create my studio. I wish I could sound way lazier. Namaste.

No comments: