Thursday, October 22, 2009

Today's Benjamin Franklin words of wisdom: When it rains, it pours. And no, I don't know if we can attribute that one to BF, but I think it was in The Little House on the Prairie series, so I know that we can NOT attribute it to my mom.

Hey, speaking of series, I saw that Diablo Cody (Juno) is in talks to write a Sweet Valley High movie!!! If you don't know how awesome that is, you are significantly younger than I and/or a boy.

I guess I should have made this my headline: And scene. Fuzzy Wuzzy is full-on dead.(I know, right? After all the work I put into that freaking bug?) Now the big dilemma is do I tell Mort or just replace it? Either way, Mort will eventually notice and blame me and have to be in therapy when he's 32.

Oh, and back to the rain and pour, (which it is actually beautiful outside as of late in the most amazing fall way and I have blisters from walking so much with Stella) so, my steady editing gig has kicked back in. A new editing gig is currently on my table(the world of books, holy guacamole!). Those two things alone would be enough to freak me out with the amount of work, but wait, for an additional $19.95, you can have volunteered to spend one day a week helping out in your son's classroom! We'll also throw in having volunteered to assist an additional day at school for the Halloween party/parade! and to bring in healthy snacks! Because your son is only young once! You're making memories! And don't forget your class with its weekly exam, the two after school Halloween parties, the night of trick or treat, and the normal things like cooking, cleaning, running errands, paying bills, spending time with the fam, possibly talking to my friends every now and then? Keeping abreast of the Christmas decorations at Target...so much to do. So little time. And I forgot that I need to scour the countryside for the piece de resistance of Duke's Halloween costume. And I made the mistake of sewing part of Mort's costume (and when I say sew, I mean I have a needle, I have thread. That's it.)So now Mort is under the impression that I know what I'm doing and he wants me to sew everything. EVERYTHING. Why use a tape or a paper clip or staple when you can sew?

Time to do other stuff. Ain't nuthin but a g thang baby. How thrilled would Dr Dre be to know that a suburban housewife quotes him on her blog?




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo baby, you be bangin. - Dr. Dre

Kerouaced said...

I can't say I'm sorry to hear that bug is dead except for Mort's sake. Once I was climbing an apple tree when I was little and saw two HUGE caterpillars. They were six inches long as I remember it. I've never been the same since...