Sunday, October 18, 2009

My hands really hurt because I was using the giant chomper scissor type thingys to cut down weeds. Alot of them. Because Mort wanted to cut stuff. So I tried to kill two birds with one stone. Also, we found a woolly bear caterpillar. It's definitely a woolly bear caterpillar and NOT a tomato horn worm. Don't worry. So we(I) immediately ran and grabbed Mort's bug catcher that he had made at Home Depot and put in a nice bed of grass and basil leaves and a couple of sticks and popped in said caterpillar. And he(she?) seems happy enough. It's crawling on the stick and eating some basil.

I have had many firsts since becoming a mommy. First middle of the night trip to the ER...oh, well, okay maybe that one has happened a time or two prior to being a mom. First time using spit to clean someone's face...um, okay, no that wasn't a first either. Well, the point isn't what I HAVE done, the point is what I HAVEN'T done. And that included bowling. I had never been bowling. Yesterday, however, it was a gross and yucky endless seeming type of day. And it ended up rocking. Mort and Duke (the) and I went out for really ridiculously good burgers. And then we went bowling. And then we had ice cream. It was a super fun time. And I wasn't even horrible at bowling. Typically I don't like to broaden my horizons because I am very competitive, yet can't do much well. So it's sometimes better to just not do anything. But I beat Mort. So, not too bad, Mommy. Not too bad at all.


1 comment:

Kerouaced said...

You never went bowling? How did that happen? I mean there was so much to do in Boiling Springs when we were in high school. :)