Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I have no doubt that I drive my husband nuts because I fail to put the dishes in the dishwasher. I rinse them. I place them in the sink. And I walk away. What's so hard about taking that next step? The dishwasher is RIGHT THERE. Why can I not make the transition from rinsing off the dish, and op, up, ack, not placing it in the sink this time! Instead I could bypass the sink and place it in the dishwasher. Yeah, I just can't do it. Mort's teacher told the class that he does not believe that "can't" is a word. I was all, Aw, that's so cute. And a giant lie. For instance, men can't get pregnant. Even when they are really females living life as males. Nope, sorry, if you're pregnant, you are a woman. Even with that goatee. So, no, I don't think that deserves media coverage. Also, I can't be duped into believing that American Idol or Not Quite a Celebrity Can Dance are legitimate television shows.

And so, back to Duke. Who would like you all to know that he requested I refer to him in this blog as "The Duke." I chose No. As in, you can't be referred to as The Duke. I just finished reading Twilight. I didn't think I would. I had started reading it once before and couldn't do it. The writing was too Sweet Valley High. But this time, I did it and I even get the appeal. Hint, it's not the writing. So, my point being that maybe Duke isn't a vampire, but he doesn't harp on my dishes in the sink. And that is true, everlasting love right there. And seeing as how vampires don't eat food, can imagine how annoyed they would be by dirty dishes left in the sink? And having to wash them for all of eternity?

1 comment:

Kerouaced said...

Washing dishes for eternity would be a certain type of hell...