Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hey, so apparently in my new phase of life, I am Taking Charge. We have had a slight plumbing problem for a very long time. Slight enough that we have chosen to ignore it for almost a year, save of course for when our Italian pal tossed his silk scarf over his shoulders and whipped out a wrench and demanded I hold the flashlight while he attempted to fix it. He's a neuro-physicist who has a cleaning person and a gardner and whose mother still makes him lunch. And he's a truly great guy. Hard not to love anyone who can make your husband laugh that hard. Anyway. That conversation went like this:

Me: Why do you know how to do this?

Him: Because I'm a man.

So, the sink was still leaking and I called a professional. Who quoted me such an outrageous price that I sent him on his muttering-under-his-breath way. And I called someone else. Who was over $300 cheaper. And now we have a beautiful new faucet that doesn't leak.

Also, I just weeded and cut back annuals and made note of where I want to plant more bulbs. It may not seem like much, but it is alot for me. Seeing as how I am really not adult enough to be a homeowner.

Nonsequitur alert.

I love fall!!! Transitional seasons are the best.( And fall trumps spring.) I bought boots and nail polish in anticipation. And the gigantic magazines are starting to clog my mailbox. And my green peppers are still growing as fast as Mort demands them.

No comments: