Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Do you know Rachel Zoe? I mean, not personally, or heck, maybe personally, I don't know. Anyway, I have seen her in various magazines touting what is "hot" or having picked out clothes for someone or being slammed for being too thin. And I always think, "Ooh! I like what she's wearing!" However, yesterday I took a nap (I'm really getting into the swing of this kid at school gig) and while I was waking up with my second round of coffee, I turned on Bravo to see if perhaps they were showing any old Project Runway episodes. They were not. But they were showing The Rachel Zoe Project. And I think she may be brain damaged. Um. Isn't she like 40? Because I have 16 yr old cousins who are more articulate and less teeny-bopper than she. Is it a joke? Does anyone really speak like that? I am so disappointed that her seemingly flawless taste in clothes does not translate to a cool persona and instead translates to a 12 yr old imitating a Valley Girl from days of yore.

If I could think of any other pop culture stuff I wanted to discuss, I could call this the Hollywood edition and be on my way.

I got something fun for my sister's not-bachlorette-party. That's all I can say because she may read this. But it's not going to drive the Jersey boys insane for lifesavers and I think she will really like it and find it to be cute.

Our country, man. What's up? Is anyone really debating the merits of the President telling kids to work hard and do their best? And schools really didn't want to show that speech? It's called a democracy. That is the person for whom the majority, the VAST majority of the people in our country voted in the presidential election. And so if you want to cry because he's trying to lead our country out of the mess caused by previous yahoos, TOO BAD. Do it on your own time. A good lesson for children would be that regardless of where you stand, this is our President. And this is what he would like to say to our children. Not showing his speech? Are you kidding me? Can you imagine anyone getting away with that shit under the Shrub? Sometimes, my fellow citizens really scare the beejeezus out of me.

I need a dermatologist.

1 comment:

papersatchel said...

what did you get your sister?????

and yes, i had a bit of a debate with some yahoos at greg's friend's bbq on monday (about the speech at school) and my blood is still boiling. we had to leave early. well, not really, but in my head, we did.