Thursday, September 17, 2009

Another procrastination post. As much as I love words and love correctly fitting them together like a puzzle; well, I've got NOTHING on the people with whom I'm taking this course. They make me look like the kid who skipped English to go smoke in the bathroom. Because my whole deal with taking this course is that I'm a fly by the seat of my pants, edit from the gut crazy kind of gal. And it would be helpful to have some book learning method to my madness kind of skills.

But I am not as ...um, excited as my fellow classmates in debating subordinate clauses and what not. Who knew? In fact, just doing the readings is making me very very tired. Which is also not good. Because quite frankly, the last time I was this tired, it turned out I had mono.

I thought at the time that I was just depressed and needed a change, so I cut off all my hair and dyed it black. And then it turned out I was just suffering from mono. Falling asleep on the stairs while only halfway up probably should have clued me in, but really, when you're 18, you don't devote alot of time to wondering why you are too tired to walk up the stairs. At least I didn't. So then I had to have bad hair for the next three years. because I had to grow the black out and then cut it off again. Because black is impossible to get out of hair. At least then it was. Nowadays they have that fantastic color oops stuff that could take the color out of anything. So, yes, I had really bad hair. Plus, my hair was so damaged that I used to sleep with my hair drenched in olive oil and wrapped in saran wrap. So, I also smelled like a salad. Good times.

And now I think I'm tired because I am depressed. Or some other reason. Maybe it's the cold I've had for three weeks. But getting out of bed is so hard. I only manage to do so because I would never be able to function enough to drive Mort to school if he missed the bus. But I slept for eight hours last night. Granted, I only slept for four the night before. And my to-do list is growing and nothing is getting crossed off.

Thank God for my wonderful friends who keep me tethered to reality. They call and e-mail and hustle me along like we all do with our children or like border collies with sheep.(Have you ever seen those dogs work? They are fantastic). They make me leave the house and keep involved in their lives and keep involved in my own. Whatever did I do before I knew these people?

Must. Care. About. Lie. Vs. Lay.

And I do. In theory. But really, I would much rather LAY down. Ha! See how I brought that full circle? I don't need no learnin.



No comments: