Monday, September 7, 2009

Duke and I have noticed an alarming trend in the very few television shows to which we devote any of our time. And it's a seemingly small pool, especially as we don't have anything fancy that would allow us to watch any of the good shows real time and we rent them in bulk and power watch them. We watch Weeds, the Tudors, Mad Men and Entourage. And although we had previously watched Californication, it was pretty eh/bad this time around so that one is off the list. Anyhoo, LIZZE from a now defunct college show keeps showing up on our programs! (Isn't that a bizarre word? I can't leave the house right now. I'm watching my program.) And because Lizzie, ie Carla Gallo is neither talented nor quirky , we are flabbergasted at her repeat appearances. Taking the cake was last night when she showed up on Mad Men. Seriously, she is either Steven Spielberg's kid (is he still relevant?)or she has compromising pictures of one of the Weinsteins. Because there are a lot of actors out there. There is no reason to keep casting her.

Speaking of Mad Men, is Betty Draper the worst mother since Joan Crawford or what? I wish Don would leave her pregnant ass ("I'm your little girl Daddy. You shouldn't bother me with this." and "Go watch TV." ) except then the poor kids would be stuck with her and poor Carla who is a significantly better mother to them. I assume there is a rationale behind her current plotline( being pregnant and an asshole), but ugh, she is entirely devoid of sympathy this season.

So, I've used up my blogging interest this morning, but I have enrolled in a program to become certified in editing. I think it should take about two years. And the cost of books has NOT become more reasonable since I graduated from college.

No comments: