Saturday, April 25, 2009

"What happens in the garden stays in the garden"--AP

All of my friends have their They Might Be Giants "birdhouse in my soul". 

Once upon a round robin flurry of e-mails, my brilliant friend S tossed out the idea of communal gardening. Everyone in our circle is planting a garden this year. We all have little kids who are only interested in gardening for 11 minutes or until a butterfly flutters through their field of vision. And we all gather together at least once a week. Why not join forces and tools and help a sista out?

And I will tell you what, it has been pretty darn fun. When there are that many hands and that much laughing and gabbing going on, suddenly all the weeds are pulled and the ground is cleared and it's time for lunch. 

Today my nose is sunburnt and my back is sore, but my heart is full.


 

1 comment:

Tracy said...

What a great idea! And makes the task that much more enjoyable!