Thursday, April 9, 2009

I'm not Andy Rooney, I just play him on TV

I have so many plants and seedlings on my window sills in everything from proper containers to salsa bowls to Dixie cups that my house looks like a second grade classroom.

I don't know why people seem to think bluebirds are so rare. Our yard is littered with 'em.

Have you ever been thanked for something you've done but didn't do for that person? Say, bought whole wheat tortillas for a dinner you were making, for instance , but were thanked as though you had bought them for someone's lunch? Is it best to just smile and nod?

Sometimes I renew my library books because I'm too lazy to return them.

My eyesight has reached the point where there is just no seeing that bedside clock, no matter how hard I squint.

I like to eat less dinner so that I can have more dessert.

I had a nightmare about working in retail. Although at least nowdays there's no such thing as customer service. 

I try on heels all the time.I wore them  consistently for so long that wearing flat shoes used to cause me to trip and make my legs and feet hurt.  I thought I would return to them when Jay was too big to carry and my back didn't cause me such grief. But now I am a sucker for comfort and even the best 4 inch heel in the world can't compete with Birkenstocks. It's like wearing make-up. Now that I've reached an age where I  really,truly, no getting around it, look better with it than without, I really can't be bothered to wear it. My mom used to tell me I didn't need to wear all that make-up. And surprise, surprise, she was right again.


2 comments:

papersatchel said...

funny how i read your entire post in andy rooney's voice in my head. thanks.

Penny said...

Now I have your voice in my head doing an Andy Rooney impersonation!