Saturday, May 23, 2009

The mom who is under arrest because she isn't forcing her son to get chemo? Not thinking I'm on board with that.Granted, I get my back up when I read about moms whose children died from something utterly preventable like dehydration or a hangnail because they chose to pray over them instead. But leukemia? I dunno. Just because there's a very high rate of survival doesn't mean his survival can be guaranteed. And chemo is a lot for someone to go through. And when it comes down to it, that seems to me like the kind of thing that is up to the family, not the government. I don't know, I don't know. I don't have the answers. It's so sad. And now on top of everything, they are chasing down these poor people who have gone into hiding?Where do you draw the line?

And having said that, I'd like to bitch about people who cart their children around in very tight, crowded, public spaces with those enormous backpacks. I'm not talking about a sling or a wrap positioned so that the child is swaddled close to your back. I'm talking about those gigantic, hulking, going-to-hike-the-Appalachian-trail packs. I don't think they should be allowed in small indoor spaces. And if your kid is riding in one, he or she is too young to enjoy the sights you're viewing anyway. And my kid got whacked in the head by three different monstrosities such as those and the mom never even noticed. They are the yellow HumVee of the child toting world. And if you have a kid on a leash, in a backpack, in a front-riding carrier, and two by the hand and none of them are even muliples? You have too many kids.No one is going to offer you a television show about your experience or pay for your tummy tuck or your husband's hair plugs, so knock it off. And when I see you later with a cigarette in your hand? Seriously. You didn't get the memo on that one? Yeah. 

No comments: