Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I really need to remember to read the online discussions of the local newspaper. That is some damn funny stuff. Demented and sad, but funny nonetheless.

The axis of evil is alive and well and in my garden. Weeds, birds and rabbits. And there you have it. I haven't even fully planted yet due to this $#@% nonstop rain, and already the rabbits have chewed a hole through my fence. But y'know what rabbits? I KNOW people. People who deal in chicken wire. I didn't want to go there, but it's on. I made what I thought would be an annoyance to keep the birds aflutterin' on out of my plants and leave my strawberry blossoms alone, but as with all things scarecrow, they just sit on top of it. And the weeds. Ugh. WEll, I have reached the point of no return. The next day it is not pouring rain, I am starting over. I'm digging out every inch that isn't planted and then replacing the soil. Other than that, I'm at a complete loss.

I am so tired I feel like I'm trying to resurface from anesthesia.


No comments: