Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I am a reasonably intelligent person. In college, I was a member of three honor societies and I graduated with honors. However, I just spent 21 minutes and 38 seconds trying to have extraneous charges removed from our phone bill and I am so turned around that I no longer have any idea to what I have agreed. For all I know, I've had our phone service shut-off and/or switched out for tin-cans and a string.

Really? Should something this base be so difficult? 

It should have been a three minute conversation:

"I've been charged for calls that are covered under my current calling plan."

"Oh, yes! I see that. Let me credit your account and make an adjustment so that doesn't happen again."

"Okay, bye! Love ya!"

What the hell took 21 minutes? What was all the talk about maybe it went to the long distance building instead of the local building and that plan wasn't recognized at that building? What was the talk about putting a freeze on something to prevent that from happening again? Why must they hurt my brain?

Isn't there some joke about asking someone what time it is and they answer blue? Because I think I was just involved in it.





No comments: