Saturday, August 15, 2009

Hi. So, here's today. I just realized that I forgot to turn off the stove after I made Mort's quesadilla. He's having a quesadilla, carrots, celery and organic fig newtons. By Paul Newman. Should they not be called Fig Newman's? Maybe they are. Let me check. Dang. They are. I thought this was my big break; I could copyright the name and sell it to the Newman Foundation for a gazillion dollars. Because it's not wrong to rip-off charities. Or non-profits. Or whatever the heck that company's deal is. What do I know? I actually forgot to turn off a stove. Really, who does that?

The thing is that I fell asleep at 11. I woke-up at 3. Mort woke-up at 5:30. Even though I had stressed that he could play quietly in his room, but he was not to leave his room until 7. Because Mommy and mornings just don't mix. But I still was woken from my semi-sleep state by a whispered, "MOMMY? CAN I GET UP NOW?" a mere 1 1/4 inches from my face. And then Stella leapt to attention. Kid is up! Time for breakfast! Watch me spin so fast I'll make time reverse just like Superman! I'll make it time for dinner and then spin back to breakfast again!

Then I took Mort to get his moppy-Mommy-I-want-a-ponytail-hair trimmed so that he can see whilst growing said ponytail. Now he has a bowl cut. Same difference.




1 comment:

Kerouaced said...

Funny stuff as usual...My dogs are very picky eaters. I've tried dozens of brands of dog food and a few days ago found Newman's Own and gave it a try. They actually scarfed it down. It's organic and I think that makes a big difference. The only problem is the price. It's $1.85 a can. Oh, well, as long as their happy and healthy.