Thursday, July 9, 2009

My garden needs some tlc before it leaps into uncontrollable territory again. I could clean up the weeds and replace the fence and thin out the crop and get it under control again in a couple of hours or so. However, I'm in slo-mo. No sleep. Again and again and again. Duke thinks I should hit up our friendly neighborhood doctor and check out their views on prescription relief. The problem with that being that I have tried that in the past and they have two effects on me: I cannot wake-up the next day and/or they do not help me to sleep and make me feel drugged and hungover.

I've tried herbal remedies, I've tried chemical remedies, I've tried old folk tales, oh, I think I've tried everything. I think the only time in my life that I slept well and deeply was in the first trimester of my pregnancy where I slept every time I stopped moving.

I fell asleep on the couch around 5 am and awoke to Stella doing her morning yoga and Mort quietly slipping his freezing feet against my legs under my quilt. There was an apple on the table beside me that Mort had taken from the fruit bowl and washed and dried for me to eat when I woke-up.

Have you ever tried the cabbage soup diet? Good Lord that thing is specific. I'm a bit desperate as I am in a wedding in a little over two weeks and I'm still 7 pounds from fitting into my clothes. Mainly because I've gotten in the habit of eating whatever I want, whenever I want, in whatever quantity I want and not exercising. Ugh. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

papersatchel said...

cabbage soup diet= gas.