Sunday, July 12, 2009

I am taking a break from cleaning because it's dusting time and I surely hate dusting. it's pointless. It's annoying. It makes me wheeze. And by the time you're done, there's dust again.

Hey, I thought, I will just pop onto the computer for a minute and see if I have any more editing work awaiting my attention in my inbox. And I didn't. So, then I wasted some time looking at classes and other freelance jobs and trying to prepare for life as a full-time stay-at-home mom when my child is no longer at home full-time.

Also, I went to a party yesterday and totally fell-off the diet wagon. I resisted the cake. But I did not resist the margaritas. Mort and I split an extra-lean turkey burger with no bun and I had about 23 tortilla chips. I'm not getting on the scale today. Anyhoo, see how I'm not dusting? But I did clean the toilets as penance for my margaritas and tortillas.

"What?" Mort just yelled.

"I didn't say anything," I replied.

"Oh. It smells like marshmallows." And then he disappeared back into his world of whatever it is he's doing. See, how can anything else I do for the rest of my life compete with that?!? What job could I possibly have where someone says things like that? And don't roll your eyes and think, DUH! Any job with kids. Because I don't like kids. Unless they belong to me or people I love. Or are really really cute.

No comments: