Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hey, so today is day 4 of the diet and i have lost 3 and a half pounds. I guess how can you not lose weight when you go from eating any old horrible thing you want in ridiculous quantities and no moderation to three days of eating only gigantic bowls of fruits and vegetables with the occasional baked potato and meat ?

With any luck,by the end of day 7, my sweet tooth will be calmed and my processed food addiction will be broken. I don't know how I lost my way so drastically. I used to be such a  smart and healthy eater. Even if I had a slice of pizza, I would put a handful of spinach leaves on top of it. Although I think new eating patterns take 3 weeks to become ingrained. Well, maybe this will be a good jumping point to make healthier choices.

I like bangs. I think they look sharp. Duke, however, truly hates bangs. And it's hard to do something to yourself when you know your partner wouldn't like it even if Angelina Jolie (or whoever is the latest hot chick. Insert name here. I'm not up on this stuff. I'm still mourning the break-up of Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt. Sigh.)sported them. It's not that I couldn't cut bangs. It's just that I know it would be the equivalent of Duke shaving his sideburns above his ears so that the white of his skin showed. And maybe letting his hair touch his collar in the back but be closely cropped in the front. I wouldn't love him any less, but I would wonder why he would do that to himself every time I looked at him. So, Duke, if you secretly long for the haircut, those are my feelings!

No comments: