Sunday, March 1, 2009

Mort has declared that he is staying in his pjs the whole day. Fine by me. I just got out of mine and it's 1 in the afternoon. I was rearranging things in our home (OCD and/or favorite pasttime. Mort: "What are you doing? Are you rearranging? You always do that.") and switching out pictures and suddenly I looked-up and it was after 12.

The morning was devoted to the wonder that is my new camera. I begged my family to jump up and down so that I could marvel at the crystal clear mid-air shots it produced.I then went outside to gawk at the crazy powerful zoom. I was able to better see a far-away hawk's nest through my lens than when I have out the binoculars. Great great stuff. Very
exciting.

But a little sad as we spent time in Florida with a crappy throw away camera in which I inadvertently ruined the film by sending it through the x-ray machine. And we saw bird there that I have have never before seen in real life: ospreys, bald eagles and birds that are just plain old cool: pelicans, egrets, great blue herons, scarlet ibis--oh man, the shots I could have taken had I not been dithering around weighing one camera against another like they were dogs up for adoption and had that camera then.

Instead, I have these useless beauties:








No comments: