Sunday, April 11, 2010

I seem to be talking about television shows an awful lot lately. Having dvr has really changed my life. I can watch whatever I want whenever I want during those hours between 2 and 6 when I don't sleep. (Which is pretty great seeing as how Roseanne reruns no longer dominate during those hours.)I can find out who won Shear Genius (a totally travesty!), or who is going to be showing at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. However, I'm afraid that Real Housewives of New York will no longer be making my insomnia cut. They are just too mean this year and it gives me too much anxiety.

So in closing, I'd like to do a little wrap-up of each woman. Seeing as how they are my close personal friends and all.

Ramona is bat-shit crazy. Clearly she has a mental disorder and should be on medication. My guess would be manic depressive? Or whatever the kids are calling it nowadays. Or just manic?. Also, she has no barrier between her thoughts and her words and under this guise of honesty, she says very cruel things. Plus, her husband is so freaking sleazy he's like a caricature. I know he's going to be arrested for something really bad at some point. However, I don't really mind her, because she is obviously a bit off her rocker and would probably be a very nice person with some of "mommy's little helpers." (the tranquilizer kinds)

Hate is still probably too strong a word for how I feel about the countess. But I do think she is a giant ass and truly horrible person. Who, as a side note and unrelated to my disgust at her behaviors, may have a penis. She is really stomach turning.

I am thankful that I've never actually met anyone who is as dumb as Kelly. I mean, have they checked her IQ to see if she should be allowed out in public without a helper?How in the world is she trusted to be a mother? I hope she has a really good nanny. She is seriously painful to watch as she tries to navigate the world of the thinking. Again, it makes my stomach hurt.

Who knew Alex would emerge as the reasonable one? Kudos to you, Alex. You act like a person who cares about others.

Oh, Jill and Bethenny. What a travesty. I can't believe they haven't made-up. Bethenny obviously knew she was wrong for not reaching out more when Bobby was sick and is defensive about her shortcomings in that area. Jill is nursing that wound too much. Especially as it becomes more apparent all the time that Bethenny is truly sorry and wants to make amends and Jill wants to accept her apology but can't swallow her pride. I can't watch this as entertainment. it's just sad.

Bring on The Jersey Housewives. There is no one to feel sorry for on that show. Cause they'll shank you. That's just pure voyeuristic enjoyment!

And in an unrelated note, my garden is really coming along! Peas, strawberries, arugula, lettuce, potatoes, edamame and oregano are all planted. Just waiting for it to warm-up before getting the rest in the ground. And two flowers on the magnolia tree defied all logic and bloomed. They've been waiting to do this for four years. Well-done Magnolia tree. Well-done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree about the housewives. My mother loves that show and I just cannot understand why. I love drama as much as the next reality show junkie but they are just mean. If you are up late you should try to catch Sarah's House on HGTV. It airs at really weird hours but worth watching.