Tuesday, February 1, 2011


I hope you can really see the careful placement of all the cigarette butts dotting the snow like tiny jewels in the first photo. What do you think all those stains are? Coffee?
Dogs with bladder infections?

107 years ago when I was in school, we used to sit in front of the black and white television set that sported the only three channels available, waiting for that lucky stike of the clock that would have the announcement of school delays and closings. Our school district was pretty much always open, even when all those around us were closed. Occasionally, we may have had a one hour delay, but those were few and far between.

So I don't really understand why schools now close before the first flake of snow has hit the ground. I've heard it's because parents are so litigious, but that seems a little excessive. And I would imagine with the amount of parents who both work full-time, more people would prefer their children have school so that they don't lose a day of pay.

This boring and insipid little post is my attempt to get back into the swing of writing on a semi regular basis. Mazel tov.

No comments: