Wednesday, June 9, 2010


So, I have successfully made my own strawberry jam. And it's really, really good. I need to think of a vehicle worthy of it. Peanut butter would only dilute it. Bread seems too mushy. Maybe an outstanding cracker. Or Duke suggested ice cream... And now that I have the canning supplies and have tackled that project, I can't help but turn an inquisitive eye toward my garden. At some point we begin to burst at the seams with tomatoes and peppers. This year may be more plentiful then years past as I was concerned a late frost had killed off many plants and so I replanted my favorites...and everything is flourishing. We easily go through a jar of jalapenos a week...maybe I can can them and have our own supply on hand? And we certainly love salsa and I just came across a seemingly easy recipe in my canning booklet...slap a bonnet on my head and call me Ma Ingalls!



No comments: